The Cherry Orchard

This is a documentation of a preparation for a production of Anton Chekhov's, The Cherry Orchard. November's entries are answers for an application to The University of Washington's MFA Directing Program. The rest are random pieces of what will one day become a complete prep for the play. This site is a work in progress.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Friday, December 16, 2005

About Being A Broad Abroad

I'm in Texas today working on a big party for General Electric. I woke up this morning in the hotel thinking about how it feels to be AWAY from home. There's a little bitty ache just below my ribcage that is accompanied by something that may be excitement. Home and all my dealings are a little further away and I'm tempted to run out and toss my cap in the air like Mary Tyler Moore does ---except I have no hat.

Lyubov is interesting in that she starts the play in our minds from Lopakhin's recollections " a sweet simple girl" yet that is hardly what we see when she appears.

What was the rest of the world like while Lyubov moved around in it? What would it be like for me to return home after so long ---or be away for so long? I have no frame of reference and I suppose I need one. Off to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home